Yesterday I was hunting around on Pinterest for ideas for dinner. Everything looked so good but nothing jumped out at me that screamed, "This is it!". That is until I found a recipe by Jar of Lemons. Now keep in mind I made it my own with just a couple adjustments by my oh! my was it delicious and easy to make.
Sometimes, you just need to see a picture to know exactly what you want. That is what happened when I found this recipe; it was love at first sight.
Instead of using crumbled queso fresco, regular tomatoes, and lettuce I used my left over cherry tomatoes from my previous recipe, spinach, added sliced chicken and did not use cheese (as I happen to be lactose intolerant). The end result was even better than I expected!
I loved the crunch of the tostada and cherry tomatoes, the warmth of the chicken and egg, and the freshness of the spinach. The beans also gave it a nice touch. This was a little messy to be prepared to use a fork or at the very least for stuff to drop but it will be completely worth it!
Below is what you will need to create this delicious dinner.
- 1 can of Refried Beans
- 2 eggs
- 2 tostada tortilla
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 avocado, sliced
- ½ cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1 chicken breast, chopped
- Using 1 chicken breast, chop to desired result and cook until golden brown
- while chicken is cooking, Cook beans according to directions.
- While the chicken & beans are cooking, lightly fry 2 eggs.
- Top each tostada tortilla with refried beans, spinach, an egg, avocado slices, chopped tomatoes, and pepper to taste.
Serve and enjoy!
To see the original recipe CLICK HERE.
What do you think of my twist on this delicious meal? Have you made your own twist to a tostada meal? Share below!